Wednesday 14 October 2015

Cakes and good news


So, this week has been excellent all round and it is only wednesday.
1) I got cake from my secret angel at work, who obviously either knows me very well or guessed very well because I love the earl grey cakes!
2) Traff has been told he will make is wrestling debut next month (Expect lots of pictures of him in a leotard)
3) Jay has been offered a place in a band as their drummer- not strictly my news but very exciting all the same and hopefully I'll get to see him play next month too.
4)I found out last night (But this is all still a bit hush hush so I'm telling the world on my blog- That said I did tell my mum so everyone in the south west of england will know by now) That because I have been awarded two highly commended certificates at work from STEMNET East (They won't come until November though so more about them soon) and the work with UoB on their Maths course last year and my STEM fair stuff, I am being considered for fellowship at UoB. This was something I have wanted but I wasn't expecting to really seriously be considered- so we shall see if an offer is forthcoming- I was also asked to give a talk at Cambridge University's Faculty of Education. I'm seriously hoping that it doesn't happen though. I hate public speaking. I'm such a bumbling oaf. Still, It was lovely to be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment