Wednesday 2 September 2015

I am Waterproof! well, When I have my coat on I am.

I pushed the boat out today and I bought myself a brand new light weight waterproof jacket. I am hopeful that I can motivate myself to cycle to work instead of drive, and then I can have a treat with the pennies I would have been spending on Gym membership.
I tend to wimp out of walking or cycling (Or leaving the house, if I'm perfectly honest) if it's raining, and I haven't had an actually waterproof waterproof coat for a few years (Which has always been the perfect excuse to drive in bad weather).


I'm saying this publicly so that I can't back out very easily. There isn't any good reason why I drive to work, except when I have all my brownie paraphernalia. I'd look like Mrs. Armitage on Wheels if I cycled on Mondays! Mast, bunting, packed lunch, dog, you name it I'd have it all!

I have decided that I'm going to use Autumn to get healthy and improve my cardio- Hopefully I'll get so into it I'll want to carry on into winter.
Ray wants to do some 5K races in the spring. As I've never even run for a bus (I'd rather just miss it and wait for the next one) I will need to start taking some serious exercise. There is a real risk I'll still be running the 5K race whilst the organisers are tidying up around me otherwise! Eeek. I need a personal trainer!



No comments:

Post a Comment