Saturday 5 September 2015

Apples and pears

We spent the afternoon picking fruit from the community orchard. I thought after all the wind and rain that it might not be worth the walk, but I was wrong- There's still plenty of fruit to pick.
Taking Traff was a very good idea. He has the height to get the best fruit from the tops of the trees. And he can see if the apples have wasps in them.
Very helpful!

I used todays spoils to make a fruit pie (Apple and blackberry) and to make apple puree for some vegan cookies I'm planning to make when I've found the right instructions. I also have a whole celebrations tin of pears. I'll probably eat most of them when they're ready, and I might make a pear and ginger sponge to take to work.
Very yummy with custard (Adapt your dorset apple cake recipe- peeled pears instead of apples and ginger instead of vanilla- awesome with custard!)

We also saw this head stone in the cemetery-on our way home from the orchard- how harsh is that?! all about the father and barely any information about the kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment