Saturday 17 August 2013

London

Today we went to London to See Fergus- He's leaving in the next week or so for his new life teaching Physics at a private boarding school in Nairobi.

We didn't really get off to the best of starts- on the way to the station we realised that it's the 1st day of the football season- thankfully only 2 games being played in London so we got away with that!

I text ferg to say we were on our way...no reply.. This was sort of expected as
1) he knew we were arriving at 1
2) he went out for a proper leaving do the night before
3) he's useless with phones.

I got us to the right tube station without major hitch- even though the train got stuck at at west hampstead and we were advised to disembark and make our own way via the jubilee line. look at me- london tube navigation pro!

Still no word from ferg so we went to the record shop and had a subway- Eventually he rang all apologies to say his phone was both flat and misplaced.

We had tea and played frizbee in the park in the rain. His house looked like Miss Havershams wedding feast with abandoned breakfasts and coffees and BBQ and Beers over every surface! The night before they'd all stayed in and had a BBQ with the flat downstairs.
It sounded AWESOME.
Traff has now decided- upon meeting Fergus's university friends that I am not posh at all.

Later on we headed into London to go to Camden and meet tony- I managed to undo all my brilliant tube navigation by accidentally getting on a non stopping service to marylebone and then realising the northern line was entirely suspended- in the end Tony met us at Swiss cottage- WHICH ACTUALLY HAS A SWISS COTTAGE!- and found us the right bus.
He is a real pro!
We had dinner in Camden- which I've been looking forward to all week long- I love the moroccan vegetable tagine and Chickpeas- the chickpeas are incredible!
You must try them!
It's the last stall on the main food court as you come in from the station end of the lock market- next time I'll take a photo!
Traff has Tofu and tony managed to talk his way into ownership of an entire container of battered prawns.

We did some record shopping- I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Smashing pumpkins or placebo records- Traff's just looking for grunge records so he's easier to please.
He almost bought some sonic youth records.

We had a look at the clothing stalls and a wander round the market- And I started my Xmas shopping.
Go me!

It started to get quite chilly later on- Autumn is almost upon us I fear.
We went to SheBeen Speakeasy in Kentish town and had a drink and a mooch for an hour or so and warmed up.

Traff and I got the train home from kentish town as with there being no Northern line it would have been a nightmare to get back to kings cross!
I like going through all the little places on the stopping service anyway.
It's interesting.
And improves my geography.

On the way back to the house we stopped off at tesco and got GU cheesecakes- We'll eat them in a bit watching 8 out of 10 cats does countdown (it's a fusion of things we enjoy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment