Friday 1 February 2013

Craft 3/12- bath salts

Although, not the kind that turn you into a zombie.

It's taken me AGES to gather the ingredients for this craft- I posted the instructions ages ago under "bath crafts to try"- I hadn't realised how difficult it would be to buy coarse salt. Apparently it's not big in bedford. in Wantage however, they carry 5 different types in Sainsburys.
Perhaps only middle class oxfordshire people use coarse salt for cooking?

Anyways, this was simple enough to do- you mix your salt with a teaspoon (or a bit more) of the essential oil and mix. then divide between the containers and decorate as you please.

those of you who know me well will be reading this thinking "yeah, so how did you manage to make it go wrong?" well, I'll have you know I didn't. It's worked out well! All ribbon wrapped and stacked inside my crafty 1940s sideboard ready to be give away. Or used up. :D


Ok- top tips-
I got the 8 mini containers from poundland- which is a bargain!
The Essential oil is from the bodyshop- I don't want to bring my friends out in a rash!
I used my hair washing jug (70s bathroom.. no shower...) and it's been a nightmare to get clean again -which doesn't really matter so much to me- but would be a pain if you use a "good" container- maybe better with an ice cream tub or container for non-food applications.
Hayley got me the stickers- I believe they are an IKEA goody!
I got ribbons from Masons in Abingdon for £0.25 for 2m.


The finished product! (well, Minus label and ribbon- I think I get good marks for presentation though!)



My 4 boxes to start with- I've got more oils left so I'll make some more when I have another chore to avoid. Like the hoovering. which was todays avoided chore.

If I can get some better containers I might post some of these to my friends living far away! although, Salt is quite heavy,
I need a more postable craft!




No comments:

Post a Comment