Friday 28 December 2012

Cardiff

Kirstie and I embarked on a festive adventure- straight from work on friday evening.
My weekend away was off to an awesome start when I got back to my parents to abandon my car and my dad made me alphabet spaghetti on potato waffles.
:)



We got the train up to cardiff- Ditched our stuff at the hotel and made for City road for some yummy cocktails and onion bhajiis.




When we arrived in cardiff we we're really impressed because it wasn't raining. that lasted about 2 hours- by the time we left Milgis to go back to our room the heavens had opened.
We got a taxi back- and I'm soooo glad we did- the driver was the most termorfa person I've ever had a conversation with! And he had a festive taxi.


I hadn't realised that this particular evening was "black friday". we passed an interesting night.

On saturday we we're picked up by Trist and went for breakfast at Romones in Cathays- which was awesome!
I've never been to ramones before even though its like 3 streets over from the Brithdir- I'm a bit gutted now that we missed out for all those years!

Tristrum ordered a rather massive breakfast- although not the biggest fry up that they do- maybe thats a challenge for another day...



Then we went to see sarah and the bump and Becca and Dan. Sarah has already passed her due date so we were under instrctions not to make any sudden movements.



Kirstie and I had Ice skating tickets for the winter wonderland- but it was raining heavily all morning and the skating was cancelled.
I'm quite gutted actually- this is the first year Since living in cardiff that I've not gone ice skating on the outdoor rink- Even in the rain!
It looked awesome though



We got totally drenched in the rain and headed back to the hotel to get changed for going out in the evening.
I miss living in Cardiff- but I REALLY don't miss the weather- I have no idea how I used to live in this city! I must never have gone outside except for the 3 days in July it doesn't rain in wales.
Or something.



We met up with Sarah in Buffalo bar - and Hayley, Dai, Jay, Baker, Helen and Josh. For some yummy dinner! (This is my Fav place in cardiff to eat- close second is Pepe's El Pasos.. this is also my 2nd fav coctail place after Mligi)

Sarah was saying that her back was achey as she'd been shopping in town- little did we know this was the start of her labour! oops! thankfully she didn't have the baby in the bar.

after lots of yummy food and cocktails we headed out to live lounge. and then we had chippys! (Chipply lane, Tonys, of course..)





















No comments:

Post a Comment