Sunday 1 July 2012

July 2011


letter of complaint resolution!

Winner!
we had a very appologetic letter from table table in didcot- following my letter of complaint- it was quite strongly worded and I put it on here in a previous post.

anyways, we had a nice letter, and a phone call, to say sorry.
and £30 of vouchers.

the vouchers didn't last forever and with all the house moving mania going on right now we thought it would be best to just spend them.
so we went to ocean park premier inn and spent our leisure vouchers on sunday dinner for Traff, James and myself.
good call.
it was amazing! I can't remember the last time we had sunday lunch- and it was bucketing down outside which always makes sunday dinner taste better. a couple of pints and apple pie later and we all needed to be rolled home.

this made for a very lazy, full, unproductive sunday of "UK border force".

some you win, some you lose.

the survivalist's album launch

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

amandas birthday!

green theme foods and drinks!
:)
for me anyway!

ok, so thats not entirely true, we went out to zero degrees micro brewery. sah and I got there early (I know, we never do that..) so I had a midori whilst we were waiting.

I had forgotten how amazing midiori is!
oh yes, an assault on the spirits section in tesco is soooo in order now! mellon drink how we love you and your shiney green goodness! :)

really, when you think about it we should probably have been sampling zero degree's range of home brewed beverages. but there aren't green.

it was all very lovely- and we got to sit in the upstairs resturanty section, and spy on all the people in the bar below. always an advantage!
they do crazy food in there- the pizza menu isn't sensible. I have a thai green curry pizza complete with glass noodles an peanuts on the top. it's a winner!
:)

we had a lush evening all talking and mooching.
It was sooo good to go out in town and meet up with people -and meet new people and not be in any rush! we should do this more!
more birthdays!
more drinking!
more crazy pizza!

these are my demands!
x

Charmouth!

we were invited to Charmouth by my parents, who rented a holiday cottage for a week- its only 2 hours from cardiff and its an easy drive, traff was off work so we figured it'd be an adventure.

It is a really quaint pretty kind of place, all cottages and cafe and not very far from they beach.

Charmouth is referred to as being on "the jurassic coast" because the cliffs around the beach are just FULL of fossils- plants, amonites, belapods, gastropods, wood, shells, even dinosaurs!

we started our day with a cream tea- as you ought to when you're on holiday- especially if its a 1 day holiday- then headed on to the beach- armed with a hammer and chisel.

traff ensconsed himself on the blanket as soon as we put it down and went to sleep- we took this to mean he would guard our posessions with his life and abandoned him in search of some pretty fossils of our own.

we had some luck!
basicly, you just find the darker coloured rocks, take the hammer and chisel and open the rocks up to see if there is a suprise inside!
like adult kinder eggs.
but waaaaayyyy better.

once we were all thoroughly worn out and sunburnt- me on my nose and shoulders and traff on his tummy- how festive (robin and rudolph) we set off for the next town for a bit of a walk about and some dinner- we walked out on the Cobb and did a spot of exploring.

but the REAL adventure started when we left, - we popped back to my parents cottage and did the cross word, had coffee and talked, and it got to about 10pm and we figured we should head back- now, charmouth is kinda in the middle of nowhere, so we put the satnav on and set off- we got 3 min into our 2 hour epic drive and the satnav is like "low battery warning" and it wouldn't charge.

thankfully it got us back onto the M5 or we'd still have been driving round dorsets country lanes now!

it turns out I lost 1/2 the charger and didn't notice.
my sisters boyfriend managed to find some things to frankenstein in the garage to make up a whole charger for me again.

but traff did get to demo his awesome map reading skills.

and we both got to practice remaining calm.
O_o

benditos.

there is a shop on splott road that sells all things from portugal. its all painted red on the outside, and they close in the day for a siesta.
that was really all I knew about it until today.

I have been avaoiding lidls now for quite some time- as I got myself a stalker- so I've been shopping in co-op.
soo, did all my shopping and was mooching my way home and was like "hmm, choritzo would be nice with spready cheese in sandwiches" they didn't sell it in co-op so I thought i'd give benditos a go.

AMAZING.

and bargainous at 60p for enough for 3 days sandwiches!

service is a bit weird- but everyone was friendly enough and they sell loads of cool things! like iced tea in giant cartons and yummy sausages and whole rabbit, which sounds a bit gross but is probably worth a go.
and they sell pastries!
my life is complete
new kinds of cake to try!

Thursday, 7 July 2011

good deed!

Last night I collected Traff from work (incase anyone who doesn't know me personally reads this- my boyfriend works for a chain hotel).
and he appeared with an enormous cardboard box.
that's not unusual for him so I didn't ask. I just drove us home.

It turned out the box contained out-of-date (by like 2 days) crisps- they would have just gone in the bin at the hotel so he'd rescued them.

this morning we took them to the homeless shelter.
:)

yeah, I know you're not supposed to broadcast good deeds- but this one deffo had a feel-good factor.

My next good deed was to cook for my wife! I made risotto- well, you might say thats hardly an accomplishment, but Traff is exceelent at cooking.. I am genuinely awful.
but it worked and was yummy- so he was fed when he came in from his run- and before he went to work!

Off out for some drinkies with Jen, Hayley, Dai, Web & Bren later. I can feel that it will be an exciting night...

soooo, all in all, a good day

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

tea & cake & Live lounge

Adventures! Its soooo good to be back in cardiff!

I went out for tea and cake and a catch up with Jen- we had just finished our food and drinks and the shop owner was like "oh, this cheesecake needs eating- would you like a free slice?"
haha, yes, I can always eat more cake!

I was so pleased I text everyone!- I got a reply from josh:
"a balanced diet does not mean you have a slice of cake in each hand"

yeah, whatever mr webber...we all know thats exactly what they mean!

Traff was off work, so we thought we'd make the most of the weather (pissing it down) and go out for a drink- unfortunately we ended up running late and missed meeting hayley and dave- but we did get to have drinks with Josh!
couple of pints in spoons & then on to live lounge.

2-4-1 cocktails.
messy.

we watched the salsa dancing and then stayed for the band- I wish I could dance like they do! very impressed!
other than our cocktail glass jenga I was hugely amused by a very all man wearing an orange leotard offering a pineapple to the lead singer of the band and requesting "the pineapple song". that was very surreal.
I also got chatted up by a man old enough to be my father!

we had an awesome night! again soon please! x

Didcot power station

My dad arranged for me to go on another adventure today- well, he kinda sprung it on me, but I had appropriate clothes and footwear so it was ok!

We went to explore the power station..I got to see all of the coal plant, and the diggers, and where the trains drop the coal off.

I saw the control room and the turbine hall..and my fathers natural habitat- the work shop!

It was lovely to see his workplace and have a bit of a tour and take some  photos! Didcot powerstation won’t be there for much longer.
I will miss didcot cathedral when its gone!
Its such a focal point for the town- you know when you’re almost in dodcot- you can see it from miles away!

How will I navigate the A34 without it?!



!st day at school- inset


I had inset training day & it was scary! We had our own NQT session- and there were loads of other new NQTs so I’m feeling a bit less scared!
It was really useful, and it was interesting too!
Enjoyable day!

And free lunch- they know how to impress me!

I stayed in bedford for 2 nights – in a cute but slightly shabby hotel called the Shakespeare hotel- the staff we’re lovely- they cpould not have helped me more! Lovely!
They even gave me a map so I could find the town centre and I managed to find a bar that serves 2 4 1 cocktails!
Set!

It was really good to have the chance to explore the school & Bedford and go for a bit of a wander.
Adventure? I think so!

Graduation


Well, pretend graduation, But I have now complete my second degree, so I am a little bit proud of myself! I now have more names after my name than in my surname- now, that’s not exactly bad going!

We had a leaving ceremony.

We had to be in university by 11am, in our glad rags (brand new brown silk monsoon dress….well done me for completely forgetting to being anything half decent with me to wear…and having to have an emergency shop in Aberystwyth the day before!...like supermarket sweep!)

We had a whole course photograph- with the welshyest photographer EVER- he trated us like sheep! And he had a megaphone! It took ages to organise everyone and get us all stood on various chairs and scaffolding in the middle of the road..and then there was all this faffing with the camera- I thought I was going to pass out!
But the photo was finally taken.
And I have ordered a copy.

We then had a meeting in the great hall, and we all collected out “letter of recognition” and there were speeches..and then we went to the pub!

It was a lovely way to end the course, just enough fiuss and not too much- and thankfully no caps and gowns!

We are all graduates!
(does that mean we’re stripey?)

No comments:

Post a Comment