Thursday 5 July 2012

1st week of July

so much stuff has happened this week! I haven't had time to update anything but it's been ace!

On monday Traff, Si, Helen, Hannah , Tom D and I went out for Karl's birthday- for carvery! it was lush- Traff had a "king size" carvery and we were all very impressed and alarmed when he finished it.

Hannah is going back to Australia soon so she was keen to have a "traditional british carvery" before she goes- so thats one more thing to tick off!
It was an awesome evening- good food, good banter and kickerbocker glorys.
Traff got very excited and made us take the bus, an hour before we needed to- so we even had time for 4 games of "hex mania" and some extra drinkies.
Traff drew a picture of Karl on the front of his card- and he was really chuffed with it!

Tuesday I went swimming with Helen- I do think I'm making some improvement to my swimming. Helen corrected my technique so I swim faster now- although it makes my back muscles ache!

Wednesday- I passed my NQT.
And I had an "outstanding" lesson.
then my car caught fire on the way home.

pub quiz! with Hannah, Karl, Mark and Traff. we didn't win. and we would have done much better if I could count to 9. And we won some wine in the raffle.!
The quiz was for the charity Traff volunteers for- the prebend day centre for homeless people so we've been charitable today.

Thursday- today everyone who is staying in the department I work in now had a "team building day" in a hotel today and a tour of the new building.
We were not invited. so we had our own party! we brought in cakes and snacks and had a very positive day!
I'm off swimming in a bit, and then maybe I will get ice cream afterwards.
:D

Traff has been off all this week- so he's been doing some serious sorting out- he's even got paint and a step ladder!
oooh!


Creepy painting we found at the back of one of our cupboards...its gone now.


and a nativity we found too! I've adopted this. Traff thinks is ugly. all the more reason to celebrate with it!


Traff's portrait of Karl.


The artist himself..


King size food.


Everyone else enjoying their carvery.



Pottery I bought in the ceramics dept sale- for my dressing table! I shall have organised things!

No comments:

Post a Comment