Saturday 4 August 2018

Paddle boarding the Lower lode loop

Today Tracey and I went paddle boarding with SUP Gloucester.
I wasn't sure what to expect as I'd never paddled with them before.

Getting to the pub for the starting point was a bit of a challenge, but once we got there it was ace.
This was only Tracey's second paddle, so we were grateful to be allowed to choose our boards- 10-8 and 10-6 red square touring type for lots of stability.
We also had about 15 minutes practice time before setting off.

The tour of the lower lode loop was very chilled, we went along the river through two locks to Tewkesbury and through the town. We pulled out boards out of the river at the sleuce gate and walked through the park to relaunch.
After all the rain and wind last weekend, the bank had collapsed a little. I slid down on my bum 😁
The tributary we paddled on the return was to relaxing and tranquil.
In some places it was tricky to navigate as trees had come down, but it was an interesting challenge rather than a frustration.

I loved getting out and seeing new things and these were my first locks. On the second one my board caught on the lock gate as it was filling which was scary.

I'm hoping to paddle more with SUP Gloucester, they have some cool routes and opportunities.

This tour was £30 for 2.5 hrs so it was a good price. I thought it was really good value for an instructor lead tour and kit hire.
Cheaper than south cerney anyway. Not quite as bargainous as brogborough but you can't have everything in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment