Wednesday 9 May 2018

Roller derby

Severn Roller torrent had a freebie trial session last Saturday, so I decided to go and try it out.
I have said for the last year that I'll got and train with Wiltshire, but their thursday night training just isn't right for me.
I realised form all my running that I prefer to exercise in the morning. I do better and can focus much more effectively on what I am doing.
In the evenings I'm tired and I can't push myself so well.

This was one of those weekends where I didn't really get my forward planning right. Traff was in on Friday night (Thankfully) as I completely forgot that my mum was staying to go to the Ideal homes exhibition really early on Saturday morning.
Traff had the car for work and I was at the mercy of the trains after my theatre trip so I got home about 11:30, in bed by Midnight.
Up at 6:30am in order to be washed, dressed and have breakfast made to take my mum to the bus station for 8:00am and then I thought it was pointless to go home and went straight on to Roller derby training.

I arrived an hour and a half early.

I ended up just sat around in the car park!
Thankfully my aggressive leggings gave me away and someone took me in early with them to do some training before everyone else arrived.

I've paid for 4 more sessions with them. We'll see how it goes- but I won't be getting up so early next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment