Saturday 17 December 2016

Christmas tree

I get nostalgic occasionally over objects. I think everyone does.
But the bit memory finder for me is our family Christmas tree.
When i'm at my parents I love nothing more than to look through the decorations on their tree and work out where they came from.
Our tree is tacky. And plasticy and gaudy. But its very personal and holds a whole lifetime of memories.

There's a ceramic cooling tower to mark the passing of Didcot a, an awful Dalmatian that my sister bought at a jumble sale aged about 4. A plastic drum my granny bought. We had one each and mine was red and probably long lost now. There are some very retro 70s baubles from my parents first Christmas together, bought from Woolworths on Oxford street. All the baubles have a story.

So i'm sat at my parents, waiting to fly away for Christmas and now feeling that i'm missing out on making more family memories.
Next year.
Australia await.

No comments:

Post a Comment