Monday 19 December 2016

Beijing airport

The first 10 hour leg of our 22 hours pf flying was from London to Beijing.
We only had 11 hours there from.landing to re boarding so we ended up staying in the airport.
We ate in pizza hut.
Traff had a Hawaiian pizza and picked the ham off.
I had bacon fried rice, matcha ice cream cake and hot milk tea with red bean paste bubbles.
After that we explored the airport, slept and showered which was an interesting new experience that I don't think i'll be ready to repeat in 9 days.
Communal airport showers with exposed wiring and questionable temperature control. You have to try it.
I also tried a matcha and pomegranate latte from starbucks.

Air china are interesting. We told them that we were vegetarian. Which is true for traff and a lie for me. I'm just anxious about aeroplane food because I got food poisoning on the 16 hr flight back from Malaysia.
So each meal has been steamed vegetables, fruit salad, bread and sometimes rice. Mostly wilted spinach. I have been countering this healthy eating with alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment