Sunday 15 November 2015

Festive garden centre adventures

I decided to go for a drive in order to leave the house and not get rained on.
My drive ultimately took me to frosts garden centre where Christmas has well and truly landed.
They have reindeer and father Christmas already in situ. They are awaiting an ice rink towards the end of the month.
They also have  an impressive array or decorations I never knew I needed!
I love Christmas.  It cheers up an otherwise dark and gloomy portion of the year.
I truly believe that Christmas should be a bit tacky.  We should be able to enjoy it. 
I do think it's too commercial.  I think people spend too much money buying things for other people that they don't want or need. But that is not the point of the festival!
It's about family and friends and doing something nice for someone else (which shouldn't cost a fortune ir bankrupt you) and covering your house in cheerful shiny decorations to combat the long dark winter evenings.
It's a good excuse to see people.  And drink warm alcohol and the only time of the year fruit creme chocolates are in abundance.



No comments:

Post a Comment