Saturday 21 November 2015

Fellowship lecture

Today I went to my first ever meeting as a university research fellow.
The lecture was on research methods and was looking at blind testing followed by evaluation and a discussion on the value of openness about research, even if the research doesn't show what you had hoped (Or nothing at all!) Apparently "missing research" is a big issue in Medicine and Education and there is a current campaign for clarity.

Who knew?

After the lecture we had wine and Canapes (I have never eaten a canape before, so this was quite an experience- Although you'd have to eat an awful lot of them to feel full!)
I had a chat with some of my colleagues who have also been selected to take part in the fellowship programme and that was really lovely too as I rarely usually leave my building so I don't really know many people from other departments.
They were all really chatty and sweet.

It was a really inspiring start to what will hopefully be an interesting year.

The next few sessions are quite close together, so I get the impression this is easing us into something which will be a big project... We shall find out next week.

Loads of things happened and were discussed, I'm just not sure how to word them on here to make it sound as interesting as it actually was. I promise it was good! I'm looking forward to this as a new challenge.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment