Wednesday 1 April 2015

Orlando Day 2











Not so much to report today- Traff git a marketing cal on his phone at 5am (10am UK time) So it was another early start for us!
We were up, dressed and out by 8am and we went in search of breakfast and aspirin for our cocktail induced headaches from the night before (Geekeasy make a cake flavoured cocktail).

We went to Wallgreens (The staff are superfrendly whenever you see a staff member they ask you how you're doing ad welcome you to the supermarket, this is very difficult to negotiate when hungover) I was really shocked by the things you can buy in the pharamacy section- Obviously you get your normal stuff, but in huge boxes- They also sell Valium, Tramadol and Broad spectrum antibiotics just off the shelf.
Mental.
After the supermarket we walked in the direction of Ripleys "Beleive it or not" and looked for something to eat.
No dice. Too early.

We went back to the hotel and woke ray and John up by hammering on their door, by the time they too were washed, dressed and ready to go most of the shops and cafes were open.
We tried a new diner for breakfast- Perkins- I had potato pancakes and they came with a call of what looked like icecream- Rather too loudly I was like "Is that ice cream?!" and the waitress almost wet herself laughing and had to explain it was butter.
No-one has let me live it down yet, but it really did look like butter.

Ripleys beleive it or not was ace- I've learned to make a shrunken head so I personally feel it was money well spent.

After Ripleys we went back to the hotel. I slept off my hangover for a few house whilst Ray, Joh and Traff went swimming.
I think I made the better choice as I am the only person who isn't bright red all over and radiating heat.
Winner!

We had a Balcony picnic for dinner- We went back to Wallgreens and got a cool box, cheese, bread, crisps, beef jerky, beers, and loads of american "candy" to try!
I also got some factor 110 suncream and an enormous can of ice tea! I'm not sure which I was happier with!

After dinner we had a swim, it was weird for it to be getting dark ad for it still be hot enough for outdoor swimming. Very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment