Saturday 22 March 2014

100 Days happy- Day 35- Cambridge science festival

Cambridge Science festival!
:D

Today Traff, Tats, Karl and I went to the festival in Cambridge- with a combined list of events to attend as long as the average persons leg- We even downloaded the app to make it even easier to attend as many events as possible!
We started out in the Mitre to try and figure out where we needed to go.
Quickly we established that we were in the wrong place and we needed to head out towards the cavendish laboratory in Maddingly.

We went to the tourist information to get a map and instructions for how to get the bus- We stopped off for some early lunch- I had noodle and vegetable stirfry in the market- Karl had a hot dog and Traff got chips from Maccy Ds. After we all got sweets from the market for the bus.
Which we'd mostly eaten all of before we'd even found the bus stop.

We went to the Physics department first, then to the department of Engineering, To the event HQ for Tshirts and then on to the astronomy department. We looked at, read, joined in with and observed every exhibit in all 3 of these buildings.
Thats a whole lot of science!
I've included my favourite photos of the day below- I didn't photograph everything we did- I'm not so photography addicted as I was before!


We went on the Gamer bus- Traff and I played Street fighter and I beat him 4 games to 2! woop woop!

We updates Karl's coat with stickers form Event HQ:


We took part in the lazer bunny hop too- I completed this, cleanly- in 48 seconds- which I think is pretty damn good!

This is Tat's having her go- it's so much harder than it looks!


We enjoyed the Astronomy buildings- and they had loads of crafty activities and loads of people who were happy to talk to us- some of what they told us went over even Karl's head!

We had sushi for Dinner:
It was yummy! I've been to Teryaki before and enjoyed the food there- this time was no exception. the duck sushi was yummy- but not very traditional- tempura and salmon maki though were as good as in Cardiff.

We headed for a cup of tea after dinner to await the decision of the Astronomy department on the weather. In the end they decided it was too cloudy, but we did see Jupiter on the way home!

We went to the white horse on the way back- for pudding and a pint. We haven't been there for ages! I do miss just being able to go to the pub.

I'm very proud of my new T-shirt too!



No comments:

Post a Comment