Friday 24 January 2014

Peanut butter and fleur de sel Brownies

I've recently developed an obsession with peanut butter ice cream- The Ben and Jerry's one- We had it after glass blowing when we were staying at Abi's. It's that salt/sweet combination which makes it sooooo addictive.
Unfortunately that turns one tub of ice cream into one serving. so it's one to buy when I have someone to share it with!
I recently discovered that the sweetshop in town sells white chocolate reeces peanut butter cups- so that's been helping to fuel my chocolate peanut butter addiction.
Yummy.

I've been mooching about on the internet this evening- huddled on the sofa in my onesy feeling sorry for myself- I have sinusitis a a squashed foot. I ran it over at work. So my face hurts. and my foot hurts. 
Unmotivated.

Anyways, I found this on the net and it's cheered me up.
I think I'll have a go at these when I'm off next. 
:D
Or when I have company, so I don't eat them all myself... Although, maybe on second thoughts..


Peanut Butter and Fleur de Sel Brownies

Yield: 16 brownies
Total Time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

For Brownies:
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For Frosting:
6 Tablespoons (3/4 stick) softened butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Maldon or Fleur de Sel.

Directions:

Prepare an 8 inch square pan. Butter and line the bottom and sides of the baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides. Butter parchment.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a heat-proof bowl and place over a large pot of simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should rest in the pot but not touch the water.
Stir over medium heat. When the butter is just about melted, remove the bowl and let the residual heat continue do the rest. Stir until smooth. At this point the mixture should feel warm, not hot to the touch. If hot, wait until warm to add the eggs.
Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Stir in the vanilla. Add the flour, and stir about 40 times until the flour is completely incorporated and the batter is smooth and shiny.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Salted Peanut Butter Brownies
To prepare the frosting, cream the butter and the peanut butter until combined. Slowly stir in the powdered sugar until completely incorporated. Spread over cooled brownies and sprinkle with flake salt (Maldon) or Fleur De Sel. Cut into squares.

Read more at http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2011/11/peanut-butter-and-fleur-de-sel-brownies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment