Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 in Survey form



1. What did you do in 2013 that you had never done before?I visited Geneva- and saw the Hadron Collider, I made a christmas cake, and a rug for the front room, Did glass blowing, Went on a UK road trip, Was a bridesmaid... sooo much stuff happened this year!

2. Did you keep your new years resolutions and will you make more for next year?

NOPE. oops, I had a go though!
I'll make some less complicated resolutions for 2014.

3. How will you be spending your new years eve?

At a party in Reading with Kirstie- her friends band will be performing and I've been promising to see them for ages!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit?

Only Switzerland this year- Thats pretty tame for me!

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?

More travel! 

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory and why?

I've done so much cool stuff this year I can't name one specific date- this has been an epic year!


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I lost 3 stone so that was a pretty big deal for me- and I've been trying to be healthier now that I'm on the mend from being ill (Which caused the weight gain in the first place!).

9. What was your biggest failure?

I'm not sure I had any "failures"- not anything that was such a complete disaster I couldn't learn from it.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?yes, but I've been on the mend since May- and properly almost back to normal since September... Fingers crossed it keeps up!


11. What was the best thing you bought?Gig tickets!- this year we've seen Rasputina,soundgarden, Deftones, Alice in Chains, Mark Lanegan, Mudhoney and the meat puppets.

Lots of adventures.

12. Where did most of your money go?

New car. Holiday- we're off to Malaysia in May! 

13. What song will always remind you of 2013?

The justified theme song- I hate that TV series but Traff's mad about it.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Photography- my camera broke almost a year ago so this year has been marked by a lack of photos- Also wish I'd done more crafting. I need to join the WI!

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Less paperwork for work!

16. What was you favourite TV programme?Lewis! - I've been recording them on the TiVo box and watching them back before bed! I loved the morse books but wasn't super keen on the TV show- I like this much better!


17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No, I don’t hate anyone.

18. What was the best book you read?
Anything by PD James- Death comes to pemberly was probably my fav. so far.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Sonic Youth.

20. What was your favorite film of this year?

The vampires assistant- based on the Darren Shan Books- I hadn't seen in before although I think it's quite old- It's really true to the books!

21. What did you do on your birthday?

My sister organised me a surprise party- and it really was a surprise- completely unexpected!

22. What kept you sane?Tea. Traff. Good music.


23. Who did you miss?

I'm missing Randi at work now she's living n Malaysia- and I still miss all my friends who are in cardiff/Bristol/ Durham so I don't get to see them so often.

24. Who was the best new person that you met?

Ayesha.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2013?

All in good time? Things happen for a reason?
I have no idea what the year 2014 will bring but I hope that with a positive attitude and determination it will be a great year. I am excited for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment