Saturday 14 December 2013

Xmas meal take 2!

I had another present from my secret angel at work-they were both delicious and perked up the last 2 days of the week at work.
I'll be on the look out for these.

Today I went out for dinner with my old colleagues- and current friends! we went to the needle and Awl in Rushden- it was fab- the service was ace, the food was ace and the crackers had dinosaurs in them!
So, we're now all ready to be super festive!
And to top off all the excitement, Simon came down from cornwall to see us all too!

I had an awesome time, but I'm not sure how many more christmas dinners I can eat before I will explode.

Another awesome outcome from Today was seeing Lynsey - She's going to help me put on a science fair and awards ceremony in the summer. I'll be relieved to have her to support me as I've never met anyone more organised!

I have also been super spoilt this week- Traff brought me some presents back from Spain too- A candle holder in the shape of a bicycle.
And some home-made presents from his mum- She knitted us a father christmas- he's nestled in the christmas tree- and a headband which I plan to wear to Hednas in March... and perhaps for other important events too.
But as it's light coloured and delicate I think it needs to be a head-dress for best.


I also finished my book- Death comes to pemberley by PD James- It was brilliant! I really enjoyed it- and was hugely amused by the references to other Austen Characters- Keep your eyes peeled for them.
It was an easy going read.
One you can pick up and put down and still remember what happened- which is ideal for reading when I'm not on holiday.
I am now fully prepared for boxing day and can watch the BBC dramatisation (8pm) without guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment