Sunday 24 November 2013

Massage- tutorials for indian head massage and deep tissue massage. ;)

Now, If theres one thing I pride myself on it's that I give a bloody brilliant deep tissue massage- I get plenty of practice as I have a willing massive volunteer living with me.

OK, not so much a volunteer, more of an activist.
Traff always has a massage in the evening- to manage this he waits until I'm comfy on the sofa, then comes and lies on top of me until I massage his head/shoulder/feet.
Quite often he then falls asleep.

His persistence is incredible. even after having had a sofa massage, often he'll still lie on top of the bed topless and refuse to move until his back/legs have been fixed too.

I've been meaning to learn Indian head massage for ages- As it's supposed to be very stress relieving and I though it'd be better to learn to do it properly- rather than just smooshing traff's face until he falls asleep.

The favoured tried and followed tutorial was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAxxeEYBD84

Although, I'd leave out the "hitting on the head bit". I tried other tutorials but none of them seemed to be quite so relaxing on my massage activist (Willing volunteer)- and some of them involve pulling the other person's head all over the place.. that strikes me as dangerous!

I've also been looking for ways to make my massage a little less "brutal". Personally I very much enjoy a brutal massage- but having massaged other people in the past and had their reactions I realise some people need to be brutalised gradually-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcdYx1sku0Q

This tutorial uses a combination of swedish and deep tissue massage- I tried this one out too- Apparently even to my lover of brutality this was nicer. Although, he did also look a bit asleep.

Now all I have to do is persuade him to try these out on me!

I followed the tutorials on youtube whilst giving the massage- I watched them through first with the sound, but as a "security blanket" I played them without the sound whilst I massaged the wife-faced one. both are pretty easy to follow like that and made me more confident of which strokes or techniques to use- so no umming and arring over what to do next or worrying about irreparably damaging your massage-ee.

1 comment:

  1. The Indian head massage, also known by the portmanteau, is based on the ancient Ayurvedic form of healing that dates back almost 4,000 years. It works the upper three chakras: vishuddha, ajna, and sahasrara, [1] and can be used for physical harmony, for healing, for vitality, and for good, old-fashioned relaxation. It is believed that three of the major energy centers of the human body can be found in and around the head. These are the brow, the crown and the throat. Acting on a physical, mental and subtle level, Indian head massage stimulates these important energy centers, so helping to maintain the important balance of energy within the body, which in turn promotes a sense of well being, positive energy and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete