Sunday 10 November 2013

Crochet hooks, Christmas day dress, cakes on steroids and Alice In Chains (@Ally Pally)

Today is a miserable day.
It's really grey and rainy.

I completed my crochet hook mission- the Singer shop sells 8mm crochet hooks-that is the biggest they go to- Ideally I'd have liked a 10 or 12 mm monster but they didn't have one. Undeterred I went to the charity shops on the high street to ask.

None of them came up trumps- Oxfam only had smaller than 4mm (Which is what I already have) and all the others told me they don't stock crochet hooks or knitting needles incase they're used as a weapon.
I can't think of any instance where you would choose a knitting needle over brick-a-brack as a weapon.
Some of those glass ornaments have very pointy corners.

I could probably have gone to the junk shop and been successful, But it was tooooo far with the horrible rain.

I did however managed to find a christmas day dress- so it's an almost successful story! £5.99 from Oxfam for this navy blue lacy number- French connection. oooh (My charity shop policy is to only buy a better brand than I could usually afford i.e, no primark or tescos or anything like that- especially as half they time they're more expensive in the charity shop than they were new! I'll buy Topshop, and I've got some awesome dresses for work from charity shops- I rarely buy "vintage" as usually it isn't.)
On the way home I stopped at the bakers by the bus station for bread- because we're all out and I'm too lazy to drive to the supermarket and do the food shopping- It turned out to be a lucky break!
I got Traff and I some lush vegetable Samosas for lunch, and I got the biggest fondant fancy ever!
:)
It's the same height as my pint Cath Kidson mug and a little wider!
Cake craving destroyed.
Giving me the energy to vintage up my hair ready for heading into london.
It'll be lush to style it al up as it's miserable and raining so I'll only end up looking like a drowned rat otherwise- or end up with a bun or a ponytail.

We went straight to the northern end of the picadilly line once we got to london- we'd toyed with the idea of getting food in china town or heading up to camden first, but as we'd never been to Alexandra palace before we decided to play it safe and find the venue early.
We walked miles.
We got lost looking for somewhere to get food.
We finally gave p and got a subway each- walked out of the shop with them to be faced with 2 pubs serving food and the busses to the venue (If you ever go to Alexandra palace for a gig they run shuttle busses costing £1 from outside wood green tube station).

The palace has a father fair prospect of london!

We got there pretty early, but the venue is huge- honestly it's like an indoor festival with a food court and mobile bars (£5 per drink though- that a little steep even for london!)
The first support band were like an 80s marilyn manson love child called ghost.
Loads of effects and lighting and a flashy stage show to go with electonicy metally music- I don't know if it'll stand up to the youtube test later. we shall see.

Alice in Chains however were awesome.
Traff had the tickets for his Birthday present- he was so excited- and he sang all the way through the concert.
They only played 2 songs from their new album- everything else was of a 90s vintage- so everyone knew the words and joined in.
:D
And they played rooster which i my favourite.


We managed to get one of the first busses from the venue to the tube station- and a relatively empty tube rain back to St Pancras.
Then I listened to Traff so we missed the train. gah.

On the train on the way home some bloke was sick- and then some drunk man got on, grabbed Traff's leg and ranted on about how grateful he was we weren't polish. :S
Ah well, It's all adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment