Sunday 17 March 2013

Hednas

Ray came to stay on Friday night (she met me after my particle physics course in london- outside and orange pub- oh the irony- and drove me home)- so we were able to get up with a bit of a lie in a mooch down to rose tinted vintage for our hair appointments with Sarah's do wop doos. We met Jen there as she had travelled down from paul's.

It was raining really heavily so we dispatched Traff to sports direct to buy us a golf umbrella (as soon as he arrived with it the weather cheered up and I had to walk round town with a bloody great golf umbrella looking mental).

Anyways- here are our lovely hair-dos:

Progress isn't always classy:



After almost 3 hours, we were all primped and preened and looking awesome- as you can see- We worked out afterwards that we'd swapped styles from last time- Ray's got marcelle waves -which Kirstie had in October- Jen's got my double victory rolls and I've got Jen's version of "the poodle". I think next time I'll be going with double victory rolls. much less matronly!


We have finally found Ray's perfect signature hair style- doesn't she look filmstar-ish?


Afterwards we went to get some lunch and met Karl and Traff in Limes Cafe- going anywhere with 1940's hair attracts rather more attention than you'd imagine- even when we were all bare faced!
Lots of compliments and stares.


We can brave our adoring public for red noes day cakes! always!



After lunch we went to get Ray some tights- We ended up going to Beals- they sell gypsy brand tights. Gypsy have a light brown colour they call "beaver".
We chose not to buy any "small" "medium" or "large" beavers.
We also got lots of compliments.
So happy days.

We returned to the flat Via the sweet shop in the arcade.


We watched the Rugby and had some well earned drinkies to go with our sweets- all very classy. there was some arguement over who was supporting who so traff went to put on a red top to show his support for Wales.
It turned out to be one of my dresses.
We stopped him before he filled it out with socks to make him some boobies.



Jen also discovered that she likes a freshly shaved man. weird. she was rubbing her face on traff's head. he was not deterred from watching TV or drinking beer.

After some drinks, Jen decided I should try my dress- which she made for me! How incredibly cool and tallented is she?!
:)

The arms were a little too long so she took them up and tacked the sash onto the dress so that I could take the waist in a little- I've lost some weight since I gave her my measurements- but it still looked super awesome.



My favourite thing about the day before hednas is all the pampering- we get our hair done, we have a dinner with friends and then we put on full, flawless make up. I know I couldn't do it every day- I don't have the time!
But every now and then, its lush to look genuinely stunning.

I cleared my dressing table of all it's usual crap so that we could use it for getting ready- and as you can see, we did:


Sarah and Dan arrived with Alice as we were getting ready- So this is Ra looking super glamourous putting on her make up, and Jen and Alice in the Mirror- Cute!



This is me, in the foyer at the Stables- check me out! hand made silk dress, stole, Corde handbag, 1930's shoes and my cut glass necklace! I think I surpassed myself, even if I say so myself!



The ladies, all looking very lovely!.. not so ladylike with pint glasses though!


The boys in their military outfits.

We had a really lovely evening at Hednas- And we danced very enthusiastically!
And drank like fish.



After we'd returned to the house, we scrubbed our make up off using an array of make up removers. lots of red faces and swearing.
Then Jen brushed out our hairspray.
I will not be doing that again. i'm amazed I'm not bald.

Jen then french plaited everyones hair- which was almost as painful as brushing out the damn hairspray!


We ordered take away burgers- which were super yummy- especially at 2am- although, my burger was 1/4 of the size of everyone else's! I'm being put on a diet by the take away deliver man! Gutted!

We had a lazy -laue up sunday- and pancakes for brunch.

So all in all- it's been an incredible weekend.
the same again please!













No comments:

Post a Comment