Thursday 21 February 2019

Gardening

Today I had planned to go national trusting, but I felt bad that Marley would be stuck at home and miss out on the sunshine.
She was waiting to go out when I got up and spent most of the day sunbathing on the roof.

I did get a bit of an outing. I went to the works for some index cards to make a matching game for my newest violin tutee and for some new work trousers (mine fell to bits on Friday after losing a fight with some sharp thing in my bike... Then the split entirely from my left knee most of the way to my right... It's a good thing I have a long coat!).
I also had coffee and cake at heelis, so it's national trust coffee and cake!
No complaints.

When I got back I thought it would be a shame to stay indoors so I did some work in the garden.
I cut the trees back (I know it's the wrong time of year, but I desperately want to discourage birds from nesting in the garden. Marley is an awful hunter, but I don't want to hand her baby birds on a plate).
I cut the trees with a saw! It was such hard work.
I dug the compost out of the bin and put it in the flower beds.
Fingers crossed itlli kick start our plants growing back!
Marley was not a fan of the compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment