Monday 10 September 2018

Malta day 5

Today we went to Gozo by ferry boat. Traff hadn't ever driven into a ferry before, this caused some confusion.
But after 3 goes around the port we finally managed to get in a lane to board.

I managed to injure my leg on the ferry, I caught my leg on the hanging off bumper of a parked car.
The bruise is really developing interestingly. So many colours.

We drove around Gozo and stopped off at a few smaller towns and a shrine before heading to see fungus rock and what would have been the Azure window.
We ended up swimming in the harbour pool that adjoins the blue lagoon. It was pretty awesome to be honest.

Then we went to Victoria/Rabat and I was rewarded with traditional knitwear! I kept reading that Gozo was famous for knitwear but only found a few rubbish jumpers in a craft village. We found a really tiny shop in the square in Victoria/Rabat which has an army of Nannas knitting traditional jumpers. Each one takes over a week.
I bought myself one, and one for Ray as a holiday present and one for Jenni to thank her for looking after Marles (who's been a bit difficult, so she earned her fancy, handspun, handmade, cotton, wool and silk yarn jumper).

We drove back and cashed in our free hotel dinner voucher. It was a farce, the old guy on the table behind us wouldn't stop farting really loudly but didn't seem to be able to hear it!
It was so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment