Wednesday 20 September 2017

Unexpected outcomes

As you know, because I've been banging on about it for a while, I really enjoyed Swindon open studios.
I went to see almost everything! It was all amazing!
I even managed to do some pretty epic Christmas shopping.
I had an amazing time looking at art and speaking to all sorts of interesting and creative people.
I've also gleaned plenty of interior design tips. Mostly for houses much bigger and more impressive (and tidy) than mine.

I bought lots of beautiful things and saw many more that I am simply not paid enough to purchase.

I took part in the challenge to collect stamps from different artists. To enter a raffle and win a prize.

In order to submit my raffle entry I had to post them to the organizers, so I wrote a thank you letter to go with it.
Popped it in the post.
Thought no more of it.

Today Ray and I went to collect our art from Caroline Day.

She told us that they'd had an agm for Swindon open studios the day before and that the Secretary had read out my letter.
Apparently it was the only thank you letter they had received.
(Which surprised me actually as everyone gave up their time for free and opened their homes and everything).
Although, my handwriting caused a bit of a problem.. Caroline had asked to photograph it for her website, only to find the Secretary had re-written the words above the originals as she had deciphered it.

Anyway, they were really pleased.

As a result, Caroline gave me a partner print of the one Ray bought for me for Christmas and Ray was given a frame for her print!

Today's lesson:
Good manners cost nothing and bring great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment