Sunday 16 October 2016

The farmers market

Traff and I are having a leisurely day today as tomorrow night he is going to see Rob Zombie in Camden, so Ross (who's going too) is arriving from Cardigan today.
As he's at the mercy of rail replacement busses we really don't know when he'll get here so,our Sunday adventures were limited to the farmers market by the shopping centre.

I got some heritage carrots, which probably taste like normal carrots but look awesome. I think i'll have some as a work snack with hummus and make an epic looking carrot cake with the purple ones for the Halloween party (or the party prep gathering).
I considered buying a squash to make adorable Halloween lanterns from but decided they would be better for eating. I will get some next time and make roasted vegetables as per my Autumn activities list!

I also got a peanut butter and chocolate cupcake, which looked fancy but did not meet my exacting expectations.
It was a vanilla cake with chocolate and peanut butter frosting. I think I could do it better with a chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting. I.might try it and see if i'm right...

No comments:

Post a Comment