Thursday 27 October 2016

Clifdon hampden

Today was a super busy.one! I went for lunch with tracey at patisserie Valerie (I know, but it is my birthday week!) And for dinner with soph at the barley mow in Oxfordshire.

I left my house with a few hours to spare, so stopped off at milletts to see the xmas display and the goats. It was insanely busy so I curtailed my pumpkin buying and drove on to the pub.

Clifden Hampton is really pretty and really prone to flooding. It has a raised wooden footpath through the village to allow you to.avoid any standing water. It also has it's church high up on the hill, which makes a very pretty landmark.
I exploded the churchyard and view before walking along the towpath towards days lock.
I took some lovely autumnal photos. I almost fell in the thames in pursuit of the perfect low sun photo.

I met soph at 6 (and was pretty muddy and hungry by then). We had a really good catch up and I'm really pleased we went with her recommendation for the pub, the food was amazing. I had battered fried herby halloumi and chips (and peas, but who cares about them?) And it was amazing.
I also had cherry bakewell roulade, followed by food envy because soph had the salted caramel sundae which looked awesome.

We even got to see the stars after dinner.
🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment