Monday 7 May 2012

modern technology

Our boiler packed up a week or so ago- We had really bad weather- the weekend we went to Kings Lynn- whilst we were out we must have had a power cut.

We got up on sunday to have a wash and we only had a freezing cold house with freezing cold water! erugh.
I actually ran a whole bath of cold water and jumped in it- I've never jumped out of the bath so quickly before in my whole life. bath hokey cokey.

We spent ages trying to fix it, but the pilot light was out and it needed to be "reset". we trawled the handbook and nowhere could you do one without the other being in place.
Had to get the plumber out- and it was all finally sorted out on tuesday.

In the mean time we had to boil pans of water on the stove to have a wash! it took ages! I ended up with like a proper 1940s austerity bath. not more than 4 inches of water- except I didn't offer to share the bath water with the neighbours.



No comments:

Post a Comment