Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Today has been a bit of a crazy day. I guess christmas is supposed to be a bit mental though so I won't worry too much about it.

It was just my parents, my sister, her boyfriend and me. lovely. :) my Nan is staying at my Aunt's round the corner so we saw pretty much my entire family on christmas eve & we'll see them agian tomorrow.

Kirstie came over before I'd managed to get dressed (PJs slippers borrowed dressing gown etc..massive hair)... My mum made the Jamies waffles for breakfast so she got to have christmas breakfast with us (I'd reccomend using a dessert spoon for the baking powder & adding vanilla essence if they're not to go with a fry up- yummy with toffee sauce!)

Pretty much as soon as breakfast was done we had to do bubbly wine and presents- Ray told me she'd got me a christmas day dress so we had to find it before I could have a shower..any excuse..we're just big kids- so she arrived with John as I got out of the shower.
After that our day has been a whirlwind of baileys and wrapping paper.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU GET A PROPER THANK-YOU!

we ended up haing lunch at 4pm- take 2 with the veg coz we all got engrossed in other things and boiled everything dry.. oops..
otherthan that it was quite possibly the best christmas dinner we've ever had! with Cludeo crackers! winner!

we follwed this up with thge australian christmas pudding (I may post this recipie if I can find it)..over which we poured baileys..so we had to finish the baileys off in our coffee..

And then for Cludeo.
this is best attempted sober if you want to have any idea what is happening. we didnt.

"But how do you know it's not Rev. Green?!"
"Dad dropped him on the floor earlier"

all topped off with more coffee and "the kings speech" because we missed all the good stuff on telly peeling emergency sprouts to replace the smouldering ones flung all over the patio.

Standard Christmas. True story.


Thank you hayley! 


Merry christmas in many languages from Amanda!


Thank you for my things! :)


Our muddley christmas tree! :)


Kirstie's home made wrapping paper! Very impressed!


And breakfast- the waffles I was off on one about before! tasted soo much better than they look..


Me.  Power dressing.


Ray and her network rail man torch. 


Ray and her harmonica. as a child she found my dads harmonica and spent who whole day running round breathing through it. hopefully she'll be better this time.


John-john. earplugs.


Cludeo crackers!


Cluedo. intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment