Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas cake

sooo.. On arrival home we were assigned a task- decorate the christmas cake... always a dangerous position to be in. mum went out for some drinkies with the girls= no supervision.

Ray wanted to make penguins to put on the top- so whilst we were colouring the fondant icing black we thought it would be a good opportunity for a wind up.

When I was a kid- like about 4 or 5 someone let me decorate the christmas cake. At school I must have been taught about how christmas is jesus's birthday. so, the cake had a big happy birthday in the middle..and a merry christmas, and candles, and ballerinas and all the little christmas statues accrued over many many years. the whole cake was jam packed (the cake was squeezed and jammed and crammed as full as it could be..etc).

I think that could have been fine on its own, except every time anyone went anywhere near the cake I insisted we light the candles and sing "happy birthday" to jesus.

we recreated this marvel.

and got John to send mum a photo to her phone...and waited.

In the mean time we decorated the cake with some rather fat sticky penguins.it looked pretty cool in a childish way, but it was a really good laugh!
I love decorating the cake- I'm shockingly bad at it, but I am very "creative". perhaps cake design is not a future career.


The photo we sent- everyone needs xmas cake elephants!


Ray and her penguin


The masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment