Wednesday 19 April 2017

Hospital. Nothing new.

So, I am updating my blog from the grassy area outside orthopaedics. Feeling irritated that my day is being wasted. I'd better get a slight tan from this!

I have to get my MRI results for my wrist and I have physio so I had to come here anyway.
In addition I had to have a chest xray. Mostly because my GP surgery are a bunch of morons. Please, feel free to contest my diagnosis but hear me out first.

Cast your mind back 5 weeks. I caught a cold. It came with a fever and a headache. I NSO d for oxford wanting to ram everyones whistles into very uncomfortable orifices.
It developed into an ear, throat and chest infection.
I waited 2 weeks for a doctors appointment.
It turned out to be with the nurse.
Not the doctor.
She identified chest, ear and throat infection and prescribed two medications i've had allergic reaction to in the past. I told her. She told me to like it or lump it. She took my blood pressure and to establish if I had a fever compared it to the blood pressure reading I took myself in the waiting room last time they cocked up (feel free to read about that one.. It's a rip roaring read of angst and frustrations faced by those with chronic illness) . I told her I didn't think it was a good basis for comparison. She ignored me.

I left with a prescription guaranteed to cover me in blisters and hit my liver and kidneys pretty cruelly.

So, I went to the walk in centre. They gave me ear drops but refused to prescribe an antibiotic as my thyroid was 'not under control'. They showed me the blood results. It's dropped and my liver is excreting more enzymes into my blood. I also have no white blood cell count. That's probably a lab error but they freaked out and demanded I get it retested.
Bearing in mind those results came back in February that is worrying. You'd think my own doctor might have noticed?

So, saw a GP at my surgery last week. Got told to go to the hospital and get a chest xray as 'you left it so long to get treatment'.
Still no antibiotics.
We have to wait for the results.
Even though 3 medical professionals saw it before it got this bad.
He also maintained that my thyroid is fine. I disagree as if I was healthy and my thyroid was functioning, I shouldn't be sick like this... maybe a white cell count issue?

So, I get my afternoon wasted and still have a hideous cough. Looking and feeling like shit.
Winner.
So, boredom is the reason for the 10 posts to my blog i've been meaning to make for ages.
Frustration is the reason for this post.

The chest xray was easy enough. I told the radiographer that the xrays wouldn't look normal because i'd had surgery for a collapsed lung in the past. I mean, the outside of my chest looks like a road atlas and that was them trying to make it tidy. I dread to think what a mess my innerds are.
In addition, this stuff is on my medical records but the doctor at the walk in centre (who was awesome and I highly rate their standard of care) freaked when the bottom 1/3 of my right lung wasn't normal sounding and didn't expand so I guess it's not so easy to find...

The radiographer just gave me a patronising look and said "we wouldn't let you leave with a collapsed lung"
I wanted to slap him. But I just smiled.
Do you have to be a patronising cunt to work for the nhs now? Is that a tory policy?
I only came in with a chest infection... I hope I don't leave with anything more serious...

Anyway, this story ends in a formal complaint about my GP surgery and registering elsewhere.

In the mean time you'll all have to put up with my growl-like breathing.

My biggest annoyance is that I struggle to skate or paddle as it's making me breathless and dizzy. So my two weeks off have been extremely boring and I didn't get to do the skating and paddle boarding I had planned.
I know resting is good for you too, but I feel like my time off has been wasted and i'll still have to go back to work sick!
This sucks.

The physio department at the hospital have referred me back to my GP with possible fibromyalgia. So, that's a back to square 1 experience.

Whining done, I guess it's been productive as it's forced me to change GP surgery to a better one.
It also means my chest xray will be on file for future MRI appointments and at least this is kinda getting sorted in the holidays. I'm not begging for afternoons off.

Jay and the kitten should cheer me up too, jays visiting until tomorrow and the cat loves him. It's funny.
Failing that, Traff's pretty good at making me less grumpy.

Turkish baths this afternoon should be good for relaxing, and if that doesn't work there are always bbq bacon sarnies for tea.
It's something to look forward to at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment