Monday 18 July 2016

Fucked up wrist = not all bad, but mostly not good either.

Physio on Friday went pretty well. My task for the next week was to submerge my wrist in different textures and to pick up small objects. I decided to extend this task (because I am both gifted and tallented) to using my wrist for support when climbing down from a tower in Prague. After proving my body weight does not constitute a 'small object' the 'texture' I decided to bodily rub myself against was a flight of stairs. At least I can whinge about how much my leg hurts now for a bit of variety.

As I am currently signed off work, Today I worked from home (I know, I'm not supposed to work at all but I'm already pretty bored).
As we only got back from Prague at 3am and we're not exactly great at forward planning, I got up and went to have breakfast then realised we don't have any milk.
I went to budgens for some but they were sold out, on my way to the next closest shop I passed Fancy so I decided too treat myself to a not-very-healthy breakfast.

I know this isn't doing me any favours- as at the moment my biggest hate is people saying "oh, it must be nice to have an extra 2 weeks holiday!". I know they're well meaning and I do prefer it to the hand stroking sympathy followed by the immediate suggestion that I should sue the NHS, however, If I was truly "on holiday" I would be paddle boarding, and roller skating and crocheting and playing the violin. I cannot do any of these recreational activities.
My arm hurts (more now I've fallen on it but I suppose that is my own fault) so I don't sleep very well. It doesn't really work, so I can't use cutlery very well so eating isn't really a pleasure more of a chore and some foods just aren't worth the effort.

Some days- if I've caught my wrist on something- it's too swollen and sore for me to even be able to dress myself even with the wrist support. Even washing my hair is a bit of a challenge.
It's infuriating.
I know I just need to be patient. Do the exercises, take some painkillers and see what happens. Recovery will be a long road- not helped by the cast being on twice as long as recommended and the edges of the half plaster digging into the tendons that were damaged. Improvement is very slow.

Please excuse my lack of typing and messages as theta's still pretty difficult. especially on my phone. I've certainly had a few snotty messages off people berating my text length or my lack of explanation. trust me, if I could type more I would be.

So, for now, I will console myself with a fancy breakfast. But please remember that if I was "on holiday" this would have been a post paddle bacon sarnie from the club house.



No comments:

Post a Comment